Monday 27 January 2014

14. Hola Andorra

I am happy to say I can cross another place, or should I say country of my list, Andorra.

This weekend me and my friends went on a great excursion to Andorra, visiting various places on the way. But before the journey which started at 6.15am on Saturday, we enjoyed the Friday night together cooking 'Jambolaya' and watching our new favourite series, 'El Tiempo Entre Costuras'.

Our journey to Andorra started at Manresa, a lovely town with a peculiar architecture. Then our second place was La Berga, which definitely was nothing like I've ever seen before. It was basically a town In the clouds, it felt like skydiving all over again, well to a certain extent. But it was nice to get out of the city and do some exploring throughout Catalonia, and hear something other than motorcycles.


Our third stop was La Seu, a cute little town, where we stopped for a lunch break and to wander along some markets. Then about an hour later, we arrived in Andorra. I can't remember what I thought it would be like, but it was definitely cold and was full of endless roads of shops. Also, due to the fact that the taxes are different, everything like alcohol and tobacco is cheaper. However, It was still something different from the bustling city of Barcelona. The only thing, is that it is obviously surrounded by mountains and gave the sensation of being extremely closed in, it felt like we were blocked in as we couldn't see that far into the distance. I didn't have the pleasure of doing any skiing, but I will save that for another time.



No comments:

Post a Comment