Tuesday 7 January 2014

12. Feliz Año Nuevo

Two weeks of cheese, celebrations and christmas films, I am now back in Barcelona for the new year.

What a lovely christmas I had in Manchester, which wasn't as cold surprisingly as previous years. Although, I was that busy trying to see all my friends and family and eating at a million restaurants as per that I now feel like I need another holiday.
I managed to go to the Christmas markets, attempt some ice skating and devour a gingerbread house, how festive. It was nice to get a break and chase my sharpies dogs around the house, however I did miss going out without a jacket and eating 'pan con tomate' as a snack. I also got to see my other friends who have been on their year abroad's in France so we got to discuss our challenges and also achievements of living life abroad.

After being in Barcelona for over four months now, I feel like I know the city, but there are still many interesting places I am yet to see. But for this year, I though I should make some year abroad resolutions: Actually learn some Catalan, Cook a better Spanish tortilla and watch a Barca game. I feel like if I complete those, my year abroad is successful. Also speaking the language fluently would be a bonus.

Anyway, today was my first day back, and the Spanish chilled way of life has sunk in again. The sun was shining, I have a lovely new flatmate and the coffee smelt good. What more do I want.
So here I go again with the Spanish university life, I am hoping that this semesters classes are slightly more useful than the last but we shall see.

Also I managed to do a few articles in my last semester on my life here in Barcelona, and here is one of them. It is on 'Art in extraordinary places', as in Barcelona, art is never far away.
http://www.thirdyearabroad.com/spanish/item/2186-barcelona-art-in-extraordinary-places.html


Just before Christmas I also managed to add another amazing view to my list of views: El Tibiadbo, a theme park on top of a mountain, incredible. I definitely feel like a scarp book just based on views is on the cards,













 

No comments:

Post a Comment