Wednesday 16 April 2014

26. Memorias


Well, another week gone, one full of activities and all sorts but especially activities related to food, but I am not going to complain as these are the things that make up memories.

To start, I have learnt a very important lesson this week, one that I think I already knew. I have learnt that it is definitely not a good idea to go on an excursion the day after being out all night, especially ones that involves trains, cables cars and just any form of transport as with a hangover from hell, it just isn’t fun.
So basically, my flatmates and I had a party to celebrate their upcoming birthdays and the next day we headed to Montserrat. It was an experience being on a cable car, feeling like I might be sick any minute, but I guess I can tick that of my ‘experiences in Barcelona list'.  I had already been to Montserrat before, but it is such a lovely place that I didn’t mind one bit venturing there again. It was a lovely day, and to be honest it did cure my hangover, either that or the sun soaked the alcohol from my body.
Also, as I had previously stated, I have started my arts internship at RelevantBCN, and now a few of my articles are up on the website, my articles range from reviewing cafes hidden away in Barcelona to some of the most interesting exhibition on show at the moment and so I feel now wherever I go I feel inspired to write an article.

On that same creative note, here is  quote from the exhibition I saw the other week and to follow, a few of my memories that make up my experience in Barcelona so far, that don't need words.
“An image is only worth more than my words when it is so powerful that it can create an opinion. When it is really useful” – The diary of Colita, 11th of August 1999






No comments:

Post a Comment