Wednesday 26 February 2014

19. Any Excuse for Food.

This weekend my lovely mother came to visit me, and it was a nice opportunity to venture round the city like a tourist, taking in all the surroundings. We also had our fair share of meals out, and therefore It has inspired me to write a blog post on some of my favourite places to eat out in Barcelona so far.

1. Le coq & The Burg















Well, this little gem is situated just five minutes away from 'La Sagrada Familia' and is full of surprises. Not only do they sell delicious burgers, they also have a mini brunch menu, which includes eggs benedict, and for any English person, this means it is now my new favourite place. Me and mum went here only last week, as we noticed it whilst on a walk. My mum opted for the veggie burger whilst I ordered the 'Luciana' which included aubergines, lettuce, cheese and sun dried tomatoes all on my burger. It was delicious. This place also sells smoothies and various desserts, such as a chocolate brownie. Therefore, I will be returning.



2. Milk



















Full English. There we go, enough said. For any English person there is nothing better than a full English. Not only that, but the portions were amazing and I felt nothing but satisfied when I left. It is also a great hangover cure. The only thing is that it doesn't have hash browns, which for me is a vital part of my full English. Therefore I am now on the lookout for one that includes hash browns in Barcelona. But anyway, this is definitely worth visiting!



3.La Barca de Salamanca














Well, it was last September when I last went here. I went with all my family and with a 'menú del día'
 for ten euros, no one can complain. It is also a three course meal with drinks and bread included, and the options range from paella to sardine,  arroz negre to steak. The choice is endless. Also, this place is situated on the port, and therefore you are right next to the beach for a nice walk after you're meal.



4.Petite Comite










I love this place. I went here for my birthday with my boyfriend, and we opted for  a tasting menu and what an amazing choice that was. we had about six different courses, each with a different type of wine or cava. It is not the cheapest of places but it is definitely worth what you pay. the food is unique and the service is impeccable. What makes it a bit different is that it is Catalan cuisine, and therefore it is something different from the usual tapas. I would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion. the 'Crema Catalana' was divine. 


5.Wok triomf






 













What is a list of restaurants without one all you can eat buffet. I went here with a group of friends for something different and it definitely surprised me. the rang of Chinese food, sushi and bits on the side was amazing. All I can say is, we definitely kept going back for more. It is also right near the Arc de Triomf and therefore it is easy to get too.

No comments:

Post a Comment