Sunday 18 May 2014

28. Museums and Colour


My last post was over two weeks ago and it’s fair to say it has been nothing but non-stop, with a number of flights, a few visitors and a lot of colour.

When I got back from Marrakesh, I was definitely tired of the airport, so it has been nice to stay in Barcelona for a few weeks. Not only that, but I brought my lovely father back with me and therefore there has been many family outings, one of which was to Castelldefells, a lovely beach outside of Barcelona.  Also, one of my friends came to visit me, and with his style, he was full of energy, so for a week I felt like a tourist myself, showing him all the main attractions, but one I will never fail to enjoy is Los Fuentes de Montjuic, every time I see it, I realise why I love Barcelona as a city.

In regards to this blog title, I went to Els Museus del Nits (Museums at Night) which I have been too/worked at in the UK and so it was a nice change to see how they do it over here in Spain. We opted to see the Caixaforum gallery and the Joan Miró, and seeing the galleries at night definitely makes a difference.  However, I can say that the Joan Miró was definitely my favourite; due to the fact his permanent exhibition work was an eye opener as I´ve never been one for contemporary art, but when I read more into the reasoning’s behind his artwork and so, I was definitely amazed. I am glad I finally got to go to the gallery, seen as I have tried to go various times, but once I got lost and by the time me and my friend got there, it was closed. But it was worth the wait.

Alongside a night full of culture, I took part in the 5k Colo(u)r Run, which was very fun indeed. Although it was only 5k, so not the most challenging of runs, it had a great atmosphere and getting colour thrown at you can also be quite fun. It was also a nice route around Barcelona, with nice great views, and as usual I ended up having more photos of the scenery than the race itself. Luckily, this time was a bit easier to wash the colour out of my hair, unlike Holi, which meant I had green in my hair for at least a few days. So if you are ever in Barcelona around this time of year, it is something I would recommend taking part in, although there are many Color run´s around Europe also.

At the moment, I have also been very busy with work as its coming up to summer, so here´s the link to the articles on exhibitions etc that I have written about so far: RelevantBCN

 


No comments:

Post a Comment