Friday 22 November 2013

10. Paris, Aren't You Lovely

I am now officially twenty-two and since that change, I have been really busy, but one thing in particular stood out, Paris. Need I say more.
Paris is known as a cultural city full of love, croissants, snails and lots of berets. I must say I definitely felt it all, whether it was the couple kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower for more than twenty minutes, or the never-ending patisseries or  the endless extravagant buildings, I felt it. All I can say is that it was amazing. I went to visit my friend who studies on my course at my home university, and thanks to her I got to see a lot of sights in a short space of time, without getting lost once, which is a first for me. I also had a lovely reunion with other friends of my course, and it was nice to hear about all our experiences abroad. I think I also managed to learn some French, but with my horrific French accent, I doubt anyone would understand me.
I also had the chance to see the Eiffel tower light up at night, what a spectacle, alongside visiting the Sacre Coere and a place called the Artist Quarter,which was definitely my favourite.
Along the way, I also found time to try some French delicacies, you know the typical ones, snails, frogs legs and a crème brûlée, all very tasty. Basically, Paris is a wonderful European city and I am glad I had the chance to walk the streets, especially now Christmas is round the corner, and there are lights and decorations up everywhere. hopefully, in the future, if I have more than a weekend free, I would love to explore the city more, but this time with a French dictionary by my side.



No comments:

Post a Comment